It’s a Saturday morning and Hauwa has opened her Twitter DM’s to confirm the time of her date with Jesse. On the other side of town, Jesse has his entire wardrobe scattered across his bed as he’s been trying to find the perfect outfit for the past hour.
Rewind. Three weeks ago, Jesse came across Hauwa’s picture on his timeline and was immediately attracted. He followed her and she followed back. They got along too, but despite the banter exchanged on the timeline, Jesse and Hauwa were relatively strangers because they didn’t really know each other. Hence, the date. Jesse’s initiative to rectify that.
Over the course of lunch, they both need to ask and answer questions to determine if something more can become of them.
If you ask the right questions, you can learn what a person’s priorities are and also what they value in life.
Here are twenty questions you can ask on a first date. Try not to make it into an interrogation, so have fun with it.
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- What’s the last new thing you tried?
- If you unexpectedly won N10,000,000, what would you spend it on?
- What nicknames have you had throughout your life?
- What do you do differently than most people?
- If you had the power to change one law, what law would you change?
- What’s the hardest you’ve worked for something?
- What are the top three social situations you try to avoid most?
- How well do you cope when you don’t have your phone with you for an extended period of time?
- What’s the worst or best job you’ve had?
- How much social interaction is too much?
- What’s the most spontaneous thing you’ve done?
- What’s your favourite thing to do outdoors? How about indoors?
- If you could send one letter to yourself in the past without the goal of making yourself rich (no lotto numbers, stock picks, etc.), what age would you choose and what would the letter say?
- What’s the most ridiculous thing you’ve done because you were bored?
- When you were a kid, what seemed like the best thing about being a grown-up?
- What’s the best meal you’ve ever had?
- Before you make a call, do you rehearse what you are going to say?
- What are you most grateful for?
- Who are your kind of people?
Do you have more ideas on first date questions? Share them below as we would like to see them.